Other ways to make a complaint

National Disability Insurance Scheme Quality & Safeguards Commission

The NDIS Commission can take complaints from anyone about:

  • NDIS services or supports that were not provided in a safe and respectful way
  • NDIS services and supports that were not delivered to an appropriate standard
  • How an NDIS provider has managed a complaint about services or supports provided to an NDIS participant

A complaint to the NDIS Commission can be made by:

Victorian Disability Services Commissioner

The Disability Services Commissioner will continue in its role as agency handling complaints about Victorian disability services registered with the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) which includes:

  • Services for people with a disability delivered through service systems outside the NDIS;
  • Matters which fall outside the jurisdiction of the NDIS commission
  • All existing clients that have not transitioned to the NDIS; and
  • All in-kind supports, which do not fall under the remit of the NDIS commission because they are not funded under the NDIS Act.

A complaint to the Victorian Disability Services Commissioner can be made by:

The Aged Care Quality & Safety Commission

GCSS delivers services through the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP). A complaint to the Aged Care Quality & Safety Commission can be made by:

Commission for Children & Young People – Reportable Conduct Scheme

The Commission for Children and Young People is an independent statutory body that promotes improvement in policies and practices affecting the safety and wellbeing of Victorian children and young people. We have a particular focus on vulnerable children and young people. The Commission operates Reportable Conduct Scheme.
Contact the Commission by:

  • Phoning 1300 782 978
  • Emailing contact@ccyp.vic.gov.au
  • Website
  • Writing to –
    Commission for Children and Young People
    Level 18 570 Bourke Street
    MELBOURNE 3000

Office of the Public Advocate

The Victorian Public Advocate is empowered by law to promote and safeguard the rights and interests of people with disability. All of the Office of the Public Advocate’s (OPA) programs, staff and volunteers advocate for the rights of people with disability.
OPA also provides direct advocacy services, including:

  • Advocating for people with disability who have no other advocacy options and are at risk of abuse, exploitation or neglect
  • Advocating for the best interests of clients under statutory guardianship
  • Advocacy arising in the course of an investigation for the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) where a person with disability is at risk and a guardianship order may be needed
  • Providing an advice service to give information, advocacy and advice on the rights of people with disability.

Contact the Office of the Public Advocate by: