A rewarding career is waiting for you
Make a difference in people’s lives
Become a Disability Support Worker
- Just out of school and looking for a career with a future?
- Looking to return to the workforce?
- Graduating from tertiary studies, now looking to gain experience working in the community sector?
- Want to work for a not-for-profit making a difference in your community?
- Want to position your career in a sector that is expanding?
- Want to develop real transportable skills?
- Want to make the big career change?
There are all sorts of reasons to consider and explore the possibilities that exist working in the disability sector. Start that exploration today by registering to attend a half day workshop and information session.
Please note: Weekend, early morning and evening work is required for Echuca and Gisborne regions.
Note: Fields marked with an asterisk* are mandatory.
- On completion of the above information, Golden City Support Services will contact you and book you in to attend the next half day information session (usually 10.00am to 3.00pm). You will get to hear and learn about the disability sector in Australia and the community mental health and community aged care work we do; the big changes underway as part of the National Disability Insurance Scheme and what it is like to work as a support worker with Golden City Support Services. Test your skills and have some fun and hear about the exciting opportunities that exist in the sector and hear about employment opportunities with Golden City Support Services.
- At the completion of the information session, if you and we feel a career as a support worker with us might be the right move for you, you will be invited to attend a formal interview.
- You will be required to submit to a national criminal history check (police check), be eligible to work in Australia and submit your details and be clearer to work through the Department of Health and Human Service Disability Workers Exclusion Scheme. You will also need to attain or have a current First Aid qualification and for some positions a Victorian Working With Children’s Check; but we will guide you through these steps.