Ageing Well & Dementia
Are you caring for someone who is frail, aged or has dementia? Do you need time out? Are you looking for interesting, quality, safe care for the person you care for?
What can Golden City Support Services do for you?
- Assistance to take part in local events
- Support you to explore new interests and skills
- Help to find groups or clubs to join
- We work alongside you in your home to do everyday tasks like cleaning, cooking and shopping
Join our regular social groups
- Women and men’s weekly social gatherings
- A support group for carers and people living with dementia
How we provide support
The way we support engages people in their day-to-day life.
We provide support for people experiencing early stages of dementia and their carers in their home and in the community.
We support people to do what they want to achieve in their day-to-day lives, in their homes and community.
How we make a difference in people’s lives
- We give people who are carers a break from their carer role
- We support people to continue to live actively and well in their home and in the community
Importance of social relationships Social relationships are important for people’s quality of life. It is not just that being part of a network of various types of relationships is ‘a nice thing’. Such relationships contribute